Priberam | Comentários

Priberam » Palavra do dia

06 janeiro 2011



BUDAPEST
by Billy Collins


My pen moves along the page
like the snout of a strange animal
shaped like a human arm
and dressed in the sleeve of a loose green sweater

I watch it sniffing the paper ceaselessly
intent as any forager that has nothing on its mind
but the grubs and insects
that will allow it to live another day

It wants only to be here tomorrow
dressed, perhaps, in the sleeve of a plaid shirt
nose pressed against the page
writing a few more dutyful lines

while I gaze out the window
and imagine Budapest
or some other city
where I have never been

5 comentários:

FÁTIMA PAIS disse...

I wish this dream would come true!

FÁTIMA PAIS disse...

Correction:
I wish this dream came true!

Lobo das Estepes disse...

WoW, que coisa linda! :D

onde arranjo uma voz daquelas? no "voices R us"?

Pedro Corga disse...

"Billy Collins, former US Poet Laureate and one of America's best-selling poets, reads his poem "Budapest" with animation by Julian Grey of Headgear."

I guess you just have to be a poet...

;oP

CIGANA disse...

Loved it Pedro!!
Great video and great poem.
I've heard about Billy Collins before. His one of the best American poets...

Only a poet (or a writer) can imagine a city that he has never been :)

Mind if I share it on my blog??